Thursday, October 1, 2009

Not my Kind

As I am certain you know by now, Congressman Ron Kind is NOT running for Governor. Before you break out the confetti, realize that he will instead be running for re-election as the Representative of the 3rd District in the US Congress, including Trempealeau County. So while he is guaranteed not to be governing our great state, he could very well be representing you and me, again, for yet another term. However, I ask you, would he be representing us? Has he been representing us, the citizens of Trempealeau County? His statement about his decision not to run for Governor was as follows, "My first responsibility must be to get affordable and accessible health care reform passed this year for all Wisconsin families. That is why I cannot run for governor. I have a responsibility and duty to the people of Wisconsin to continue work on the health care reform agenda ahead of us," Kind said. Apparently he has not done much listening at his listening sessions (held in the smallest rural towns he could find in his District) nor has he paid much attention to the polls which indicate that nearly 85% of Americans are satisfied with their current health care. I attended one of his public forums in Whitehall and I got the feeling these "listening sessions" were supposed to be us listening to him, not he to his constituents. I was less surprised by his announcement not to run, than I was by the platform he has chosen to run on. . . . Health Care Reform! Is he that out of touch or is he that indebted to the liberals in Congress, like Nancy Pelosi? Kind is not a leader, he is not a power-player, and he is not a strong or persuasive voice in Congress. Yet, he is our voice. Do you feel as though you are being heard? No, instead, Kind is simply status quo, a yes-man and a vote that the liberals in the House can depend on and therefore could not risk losing. So, their best chance to hold the seat is with Kind. Our best chance at gaining the seat is with WI State Senator Dan Kapanke. Not only is he our best chance, he is one impressive candidate and offers us the best chance we have had in many election cycles! Dan is a leader. He is also a man of the people and of the community. Don't just take my word for it though, do your own research. I urge you to take a look at Senator Dan Kapanke's voting record, then compare it to Kind's. Read Dan's resume and his history with the Coulee Region. Finally, just listen to him speak and call to speak to him yourself! I have no doubt you will realize who best represents you. http://www.kapankeforcongress.com/the_candidate/ http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Ron_Kind.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment