Friday, May 27, 2011

Proud, not ashamed, of Voter ID

by Deloras Vind

Shameless is defined as having or showing no feeling of shame, modesty or decency; brazen, or impudent.

Shameless is standing in the Senate chambers shouting; Shame! Shame! Shame! at your fellow workers because they have a different viewpoint and vote than yours. At least this time the 14 Senators were in the Wisconsin chambers not in Illinois hiding out, though most – including Senator Vinehout - did not voice a roll call vote though asked twice.

Its about time Voter ID is law. My vote will not be disenfranchised. I will gladly show my photo ID to confirm who I am and live in the district in which I vote. I like that my vote will not be cancelled due to the fraud of others. We must show photo ID for over the counter sinus medication, to write a check, buy a pack of cigarettes, visit the Doctor, get insurance, join the military, go to college, get married, open a PO Box, apply for food stamps, get Badgercare, etc … Just about everything in life … and now to vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment