Sunday, September 12, 2010

Why I am Dave Westlake.

by Valerie Pierzina
I first heard the name 'Dave Westlake' at the 2009 Republican State Convention in La Crosse. Dave was there to bravely announce his candidacy for US Senate against Russ Feingold at a time when the Republican brand was not at all popular and Constitutional conservatism was thought to be near extinction. I signed up for his e-mails and took a business card without giving it much thought. Later, I found Dave on facebook and YouTube making impassioned historical comparisons, touting our nation’s first principles, and promoting conservative ideas reminiscent of Goldwater himself. The first time I met Dave in person was at our county’s Lincoln Day Dinner the following January. By now he had taken on the symbolic “blaze orange” garb and already put thousands of miles of “campaign highway” on his unmistakable white SUV. It struck me that Dave recognized me and knew my name immediately, through merely being one of his numerous “facebook friends.” Dave Westlake is a genuine individual, a man of character and depth. He is someone who will lead the fight, not just claim to join it . . . after all, who is there really to join? Dave is strong, principled and fights for his convictions, yet even if you disagree with him, it is impossible not to like him. Dave looks you in the eye and listens to what you are saying. In other words, he is not your typical politician. Eventually more candidates joined the race and most have faded away, but Dave Westlake has remained constant, committed to the cause and positive that Wisconsin desperately craves something other than “politics as usual.” Dave Westlake faces a very wealthy, party endorsed, GOP template of an opponent in the Republican primary on Tuesday. Even with this difficult challenge, Dave Westlake has never lost faith in himself or his devoted grassroots team. Back in 2009 I never expected that I would become so closely involved with his campaign and feel so passionate about a politician, but I am very thankful I did and feel blessed I got to know the man, the candidate, the leader, that is Dave Westlake. I pray that voters choose to get to know him better too. Please vote for Dave Westlake in the Republican Primary on September 14th. Thank you.
www.davewestlake.org

1 comment: